Sunday, December 16, 2007

In The Spirit of Giving

Img_6839_2During this time of year I always find myself doing some "spring cleaning" - it's a great time to go through my clothes, jackets, mittens, etc and donate them to those less fortunate.  Well, this year I'm doing one more thing to help. 



Stampin' Up! supports the Ronald McDonald House charities through sales of the Just Like You stamp set, donations and demonstrator volunteers.  Did you know that the RMHC also accepts pop tops to be recycled and earns money this way too?  I've started saving my pop tops but just had to decorate a jar to save them in. 



I made this jar by punching out the RMHC logo from my Fall-Winter Collection using the small tag punch, layering it and tying it around the jar using some Wild Wasbi double-stitched grosgrain.



If you are interested in helping, you can bring your pop tabs with you the next time you come over for a class or club, or donate them at your local McDonalds!  Thanks for making a difference this holiday season! 



1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jen, that is so cool! I didn't know they accepted these. Can I ask what they do with them? I am a local volunteer for the Boston House so I would love to hear more. Thanks! Dawn

    ReplyDelete