Sunday, July 24, 2011

Introducing Sage!

Sage Wow, it's been awhile since I've been on here posting, but I'm back!  I've had a busy few months!  First and the "thing" that has kept me the busiest is that I adopted a dog back in March.  Her name is Sage and she's a 2 year old Aussie.  She's a sweetie and I'm having a great time giving her a better life than she had with her first owners.  We started by taking obedience training at the Longmont Humane society, this was a great way for her to learn some manners and me to learn how to teach them to her and was a great bonding experience!  In fact, we will be graduating from our Advanced Obedience class today!


 


Sage Tunnel Once we were well on our way in obedience we started to take Agility classes at the Zoom Room in Longmont which has been so much fun!  We've built on the obedience foundation and have so much fun zooming through all the obstacles!  Sage is such a high energy dog that it's great to have an outlet for the physical energy and to give her mind a job to do.  It's been a great fit!  We're about halfway through Agility 2 and will start the next in the series in a few weeks.  It's a lot of fun for both Sage and I!


When I was on vacation last winter I read a book called Dogged Pursuit by Robert Rodi, it was such a hilarious read!  It is about a man who rescues a Sheltie and trains it to do agility.  I grew up with a Sheltie so it was even funnier because I totally "got" what he was talking about when it came to the dog's neurotic behavior.  Not that an Aussie is that different...  Anyway, I had met Sage before my trip and then reading this book I knew that I had to give agility a try.  When I found out that my friend Marnie was opening the Zoom Room close by I knew that it was meant to be.  Check out the book if you have time, it's hilarious!!!


That's all for now, more soon... :)


Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment