Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My First Quilt

IMG_3411In a much earlier post I showed you the fabrics that I had picked out for a quilt class that I had signed up to take.  Well, here's the finished quilt!  I actually had everything done on this except for the hand stitched binding (and even that was half done) and I wanted to finish it up for Thanksgiving so one day I sat down to watch a Packer game and whip stitch the binding on.  I just love how it turned out!  The fabric is Fandango by Kate Spain (Moda) and I love these bright colors! 


This is actually the second quilt that I finished even though it was the first that I started.  The other quilt that I've completed start to finish is a baby quilt for my friends Kristin and Jon for the birth of their baby daughter.  I'll see if I can find a photo of that quilt too. 


This quilt is machine quilted and pieced and I've flipped a corner over so you can see the backing fabric.  I also think it looks fabulous in my guest room which is decorated in some of these same colors! 



No comments:

Post a Comment