Thursday, December 1, 2011

New Year's Start

IMG_0224OK, OK, I know that it's not the new year yet.  But, I've heard of a tradition of stitchers starting a new project for the new year.  Now, I am a one project at a time kind of girl but I'm thinking of partaking in this tradition.  I'd start a new project and work on it for a bit and then go back to Elizabeth Sheffield and then finish the new start.  Boy, I don't know that's kind of stressing me out just thinking about that!  But, I want to give it a try and who knows, maybe I'll have Elizabeth done by then, she's been going quick anyway! 


These are the two options I have ready to go, one is "Paradise Lost" by Plum Street Samplers and the other is "Ann Grant" by Shakespeare's Peddler.  Both are kitted up with linens and silks and I'm leaning toward Paradise Lost since it's been next on my list for some time and keeps getting bumped out for other projects like Frances Eden and Elizabeth Sheffield.  But, I also really like Ann and am considering stitching several Ann's and doing a whole wall of Ann Samplers.  Others on that list include Ann Smith and Ann Dale. 


So, what do you think?  Before anyone gets the funny idea that I should start both let me remind you that I'm a stitchin one at a time girl and I think it would stress me out to no end to have three projects going!  But, I might be able to start the second one here after Elizabeth is done... Hmm, I'll think about that! 



4 comments:

  1. Fun starts for New Year Day, maybe I will get Ann Grant out?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are great choices! I vote for PL. It was my New Year's start for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not do what I plan to do. I have three new projects for the New Year. I'll start one on New Year Day, work on it for a week, start the next, work on it for a week and start the third one the third week of the month. When February rolls around I'll go back and finish up my projects from 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I am hyperventalating even thinking about that! :) I'm a stitch one at a time girl, even having two going is too much. But, I think I will go ahead and start Paradise Lost even if I don't have Elizabeth Sheffield done by then!

    ReplyDelete