Thursday, December 22, 2011

Broccoli Band

I know, some of you are wondering what the heck I'm talking about.  Well, I've spent some time recently stitching the bottom, inner band of Elizabeth Sheffield.  The picture on the pattern makes it looks like this band contains giant broccoli or else really little animals.  I know that they are supposed to be trees with giant animals but I've had it in my head that this is broccoli so that's what I thought about when stitching it.  Take a look:



IMG_3427


With any luck I'll finish her around the New Year so my New Year's start can be the only thing I'm stitching on for awhile.  Oh, and I decided that Paradise Lost will be my New Year's start.  I still have the band with the people and house which will take awhile but I'm almost done with the bottom of the sampler.  I decided to wait to stitch the people for last because I think they're going to be a lot of fun!! 
Here's my overall progress on Elizabeth...


IMG_3425




5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Just wonderful! (Yup, broccoli. lol!) Can't wait to see a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay... I can leave a comment again! Your Elizabeth looks fabulous! Now you're going to have me thinking broccoli when I stitch that band. lol
    What, you're only going to have one new project in January? You're supposed to start a new project every Sunday in the month of January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth is really, really gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to see her next week :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret, I hope to have a finish soon! And Laurie, 5 January starts is way out of my comfort zone but I can't wait to see what you'll be starting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Jen, AWESOME are you done yet LOL. Can't wait to see it in person

    ReplyDelete