Sunday, August 5, 2012

Olympic Stitching

Like many of you, I decided to start a new project for the Olympics.  I wanted to stitch on something patriotic so I chose "One Nation" by ByGone Stitches.  I changed the threads and my local shop had a beautiful piece of 40 ct. R&R 18th Century Blackbird.  The only problem?  The piece would only fit if I stitched it over one.  So, that's what I decided to do! 



IMG_0543
One Nation, stitched on 40 ct. 18th Century Blackbird Linen, over one



I just love how the colors look on this linen and the advantage of over one on this size is only needing half a cross!  Yay!  I had a friend over for the opening ceremonies so I cooked a Portabello, Bacon and Spinach risotto and we stitched and I started this.  I had to use the magnifier on my Dazor.  It was dusty, I haven't had to use it in years...  Oh well, it's going to be pretty when I finish it! 


I had hoped to at least get the outline of the stripes done during the games but I'm finding that it's tough to stitch on something this tiny and switch between stitching and watching TV.  So, I've set it aside and my new Olympic stitching project is Ann Sandles!



IMG_0542
Ann Sandles, stitched on 36 ct. Lakeside Vintage Meadow Rue



Ah, much better!  And, now that I have a little color in her she's proving to be so much fun to stitch!  I think she'll go pretty quickly (except for the 24 strawberries inthe border).  I don't know that I'll finish her during the games but I'll sure enjoy stitching on her! 


I'm getting ready to do some framing, my frame for Mary Roe should arrive next week and I still need to lace up my Paradise Lost plus I'm sending a few things out for their frames including Mary Ann Blackburn and Grace Bridges.  So, I decided to press everything and it is fun to see all my recent stitching piled up on the bed together.  My Mom has already offered to take some of it off my hands if I have too much!  LOL, nice try Mom!!  (In the picture below, Paradise Lost is upside down, just in case you're wondering why it looks a bit funny here.)


IMG_0536



5 comments:

  1. Great stitching starts! And I love seeing all your pieces waiting to be framed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always happy to help out, Jen! Love your Ann Sandles start, you already have a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the over 1 stitching and trying to watch the Olympics - it's difficult on something over two!!! You've made an awesome start on Ann Sandles though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your Olympic stitching starts are great choices. You've come so far on Ann. Love your pile of pieces to be framed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your projects! You are the fastest stitcher I know!

    ReplyDelete