Thursday, September 20, 2012

September TUSAL

Well, as usual I'm a few days late for my TUSAL post, see below that for a current snap of my jar.  After finishing Ann Sandles I was really unsure what I wanted to start next and then I realized that I had started "By My Hand" back in July too during my girl's weekend away with friends.  I picked that up the other weekend to stitch on during our Sampler Guild meeting and was immediately hooked again.  Here is where I am as of today. 


IMG_0758


Just the deer and the words left and of course I think I'm going to personalize the words on this one.  Just need to find my graph paper to chart out what I want to use.  This has really gone quickly and I must say that I'm in love with working with silk again. 


IMG_0759I used to be one of the people who just couldn't justify paying more for silk but it's really because I didn't know what I was missing.  I like the overdyed cotton and of course I stitched my Elizabeth Sheffield all in DMC and love how that turned out.  But, the thickness and feel of silk just can't be beat.  And, the difference is obvious in my TUSAL jar.  If you look close you can see the thicker strands of silk on the top of the jar and right below it the thinner, curly layers of overdyed cotton.  Both have their place in my opinion but for a piece that I just want to love to stitch there's nothing like the feel of silk! 


Even though it's September it's still not too late to play along with the TUSAL game.  Just go to this post to sign up and to get started! 


 



3 comments:

  1. Love the colors in By My Hand. Glad you've discovers the joys of stitching with silk. I love the feel of silk too and I seldom get knots with silk. Wish I could say the same for DMC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, love this one! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colors and fabric you're using for By My Hand.
    Isn't silk wonderful to work with. I'm a die hard DMC girl, but both the projects I'm working on are in silk and I don't know if I want to go back now. Probably should - better on the pocketbook!

    ReplyDelete