Saturday, April 7, 2012

Liebster Award

I've been awarded the Liebster Blog award from my friend Mary.  Thank you Mary!!!


The Liebster Award


Liebster is a German word, meaning "favorite, dearest or beloved," and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help them gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:


  1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs (with less than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.

  2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.

  3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.

  4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.


Many of the blogs I read regularly have either already posted their Liebster award or have been named by others.  Heck, my Mom has even posted her Liebster award post!  So, I've tried to pick blogs that haven't yet received it or haven't posted yet, it was hard to choose, I have so many favorites!  The 5 blogs I've chosen are:


  1. Natalia at Stitching 4 Joy (I just LOVE the stitch wallets she makes!)

  2. Melinda at Merry Wind Farm (I love her house, horses and stitching!)

  3. Dona at Bele Chere Needlework (I can't wait to see her completed Sarah Elizabeth Brooke!)

  4. Cindy at Never Enough Thyme (I love her gardens and Maine Coon Cat!)

  5. Riverspitter (I don't know how many followers she has but OMG, she finished Dutch Beauty!)
     


Now the hard part. Five random facts people don't know about me (at least I don't think people know these about me).



  1. I am going to take a rug hooking class later this month!  This is breaking news as I just signed up yesterday but it's something I've wanted to try for awhile now!

  2. I grew up with a Sheltie and really enjoy the quirky nature of hearding breeds

  3. I was inspired to try Dog Agility with Sage after reading the book "Dogged Pursuit" - a story of a man in the Chicago area who does agility with his rescue Sheltie with not so steller results.  A fun book that I could relate to and even though his results weren't great it sounded like a lot of fun!!

  4. I am trying my hand at composting for my garden.  The first time I put eggshells in the bin the Sage guarded it so I've since learned that eggshells are great but I need to rinse them first.  Oops!

  5. I have more stash than I could stitch in my lifetime.  Oh wait, maybe you already assumed that.  :)  Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment