Thursday, August 2, 2012

Grace Bridges Finish

Here she is, finished and in all her glory...



IMG_0540
Grace Bridges sampler by Stacy Nash, stitched with the Attic conversion to silk on 36 ct. Lakeside Vintage Examplar linen



I absolutely loved stitching this sampler!  Even the house wasn't that bad, it just was a week or so of stitching and stitching and stitching to get all those bricks!


I had a comment about the brick stitch and what it is in my last post.  All I did to get this effect was to stitch little bricks, I started at the top and stitched four stitches over, went down a row and stitched four stitches back.  That way I would end up with a "brick" that is four stitches wide by two tall.  I'd jump over and stitch another brick somewhere else and eventually work my way back.  I offset the rows of bricks by a half brick (two stitches) as well.  I stitched this in little sections and the varigation in the thread makes the bricks look like slightly different colors. It took a little thought but is a nice break from the stripey look and I just love how it turned out! 



8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish. Grace looks fabulous and I love how you stitched the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, gorgeous!!!! Congrats on the finish :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a gorgeous finish, Jen! It went fast really. Cool bricks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful Jen! Great plan for the bricks. One of the nicest stitched houses I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! on a pretty sampler, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous~~~~ I will have to put this one on my list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous finish! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete