Wednesday, September 5, 2007

One Crazy Summer

Wow, what a summer this has been!  You may have noticed that I haven't been posting as much this summer, well, it's been crazy!!  I am definitely looking forward to a busy fall but returning to a more relaxed pace! 



Harry_potter_jen_2 So, what have I been up to this summer?  Well, last spring Stampin' Up! asked me if I would present at our annual convention in late July.  Of course I said yes!  What an honor!!  I did what is called a Workshop Wow and talked about how heat embossing is always a Wow!  Since convention was a week after the new Harry Potter book came out, I tied my presentation in - my heat tool was my magic wand and well, you can see how much fun I had by the photo! 



Faux_cracked_glassI even came up with a new technique for my presentation called Faux Cracked Glass.  Watch for a tutorial later this week on how to do Faux Cracked Glass!  In the meantime, you can at least see the finished product!  We'll be doing Faux Cracked Glass at my stamp clubs this week so if you're interested in learning how, just email me to come learn!   



Img_5700_6While backstage at convention, we had a little bit of fun!  One of the Stampin' Up! staff came on stage early in the first day in a silver sequined jacket.  Well, we found the jacket and as a scrapbooker, I had to have a photo op!



Mav2 So, obviously the summer was spent with things other than stamping.  While in Denver for convention, I got to meet my sister's new puppy, pictured here.  I also spent a little time in Wisconsin enjoying sunset cruises and what I call the land of plenty.  For the most part it was a good summer but I'm ready for fall and to get back into my stamp room! 



Img_5428   



1 comment:

  1. That puppy is adorable! Glad to see you posting again!
    thanks!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete