Sunday, September 16, 2007

Embossing on Chipboard

Img_6343_2This year at the Stampin' Up! convention I was honored to present a Workshop Wow on main stage.  If you've been reading my site then you know that I did heat embossing for my Wow and it certainly is! 



One of the things I love to do is to emboss on our chipboard.  When I first started using chipboard I would color it by using a sponge dauber and craft ink and basically covering the entire shape with the ink.  This gives a great look but takes awhile to dry.  One day when I was thinking that there must be a faster way I threw some embossing powder on top of the craft and Voila, I was hooked! 



Now, when I use chipboard I use a two-step embossing process to get a shiny, glittery look which is pictured here and on the journal that I posted earlier.  The way to achieve this look is as follows:



  1. Ink up your chipboard shape with craft ink.  The easiest and least messy way to apply the ink is with a sponge dauber.


  2. Cover the colored shape with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat.  This will give you a glittery look.


  3. Then, apply Versamark over top the glitter layer.  You may want to give the embossing powder a few seconds to cool before doing so.


  4. Cover the whole embossed shape with Glassy Glaze enamel and heat again.


The resulting look is a smooth shiny chipboard shape with color and a subtle glitter inside.  The picture just doesn't do this justice - it is absolutely stunning in person!  Enjoy!    



No comments:

Post a Comment