Sunday, January 1, 2012

And They Sinned...

I have been wanting to show my "And they Sinned..." sampler for quite awhile now.  Isnt' she beautiful??  I stitched her on 35 count Highland Mist with the called for Gentle Arts Sampler Threads.  This sampler took me 4 years to complete.  I started stitching in January 2005 and then put it aside when I went to the GLR seminar where I took the Immigrant Sampler.  Shortly after the seminar I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and poured my heart and soul into becoming a rising star.  That was great but this poor sampler was horribly neglected in my WIP pile of 1 (I tend to stitch on one thing at a time so this is all I had going).  I picked it up again and stitched on and off on it. 


In 2008 I moved to Colorado and this (and the frame I had purchased) came with me.  By Christmas 2007 I had everything but the green area at the bottom completed so I stitched the outline of the grass so I could at least order my frame.  In early 2009 I spent a few months in upstate NY for work and was determined to finish this project so I brought it along and got it done.


IMG_3400


While at the GLR seminar in 2005 there was a fair amount of chatter about this piece and several people had talked about how they were personalizing it.  I decided to stitch my three cats into it.  I love this band anyway with the Lion so I removed a sheep or two and added my kitties.  I just love how it turned out!   You can also see a good close up of the frame in the below photo, this frame was also ordered from Lynn's of Madison


 IMG_3421



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! Gorgeous frame too. And OMG, your kitties!!!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to see it in person :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, it is really stunning! The frame is beautiful, too. What an accomplishment to finish it.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Jen and the frame is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's gorgeous Jen!! Definitely a finsh to be proud of!! Hope you have a Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's stunning! I worked on mine last night, I'm almost done with page 1. I love the frame on yours too!!

    ReplyDelete