Wow, this might be my last Elizabeth Sheffield post. So sad. She was such a fun sampler to stitch and last weekend I got her all framed up. Here she is up on the wall.
I just hung her up so I could get a good picture but I haven't decided just where I'm going to hang her yet. I may just audition a few spots and see where she fits best. Here is a close up of the frame itself.
As usual I ordered my frame from Lynn's of Madison and then my Mom mailed me her frame (Lynn's will ship but my Mom offered). Well, FedEx was faster than predicted so the frame arrived Saturday morning. I had one other project to frame so I spent some time Saturday afternoon at my craft desk working on framing. It took me over 2 hours to get Elizabeth laced up! I used 35 count Weeks straw linen and it was really stretchy. In fact, we ordered this frame a little larger than normal so it had room to stretch, but then I had to actually stretch it instead of just snugging it into place.
Since it was such stretchy fabric I had to really work to get it to line up well. It's not 100% perfect but it feels pretty close. To do this I laced really close together on the back, closer than I normally would and made sure to use the same linen thread to line up my lacing, another thing that I'm not always great about. Here's what the back looked like after doing just one side.
I thought about waiting to finish the other side for the next day but really wanted to get this finished so I could work on finding a spot for her so I went ahead and finished the lacing and added the backing, bumpers and wire. Here's the back after I was done lacing. Whew, I'm glad to have this framing project so I can now just enjoy the fruits of my labor!