Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Market Party!

Before I talk about the Market Party I attended, here is a quick progress snap on Paradise Lost.  I'm really enjoying this and next up is that big tree in the center.  Can't wait to finish that so I can stitch the people, giraffe and other remaining items.  I am considering adding my black cat in next to Eve, just need to chart him to coordinate with the other animals in the sampler. 


IMG_0288


Earlier tonight, I went to a market party at our local cross-stitch shop tonight and just got home, well I did stop and do some other shopping since I was out.  Fanci Mats is local to me, even though it's a 40-60 minute drive depending on traffic but I enjoy getting down there when I can.  I hadn't been to a market party in years, since before I moved to Colorado in fact and when I heard that several friends were also going to stop by I decided that I must go as well. 


Well, I'm home and settled in after a wonderful evening!  I picked up the new Blackbird Designs book plus some 40 ct. Vintage Pearled Barley to stitch the red sampler on.  I also bought a nice piece of 36 ct. Vintage Examplar, I've been wanting some of this since stitching the trimkeep from the Attic's Sampler Symposium (stay tuned for a finish shortly).  Additionally I purchased a couple Stacy Nash Primitive charts (Malabar Farm Pinkeep and the Grace Bridges Sampler), the Friendship Pin Pilloow chart by Hartstrung Samplery and a few other things.  If I think of it I'll take a photo soon! Most of what I bought could be pincushions, I've been wanting to fill that star basket I mentioned in a previous post!  Also, the Sampler Guild of the Rockies is having a pincushion exchange at our May meeting so I need to get busy!


Of course, once the market party was over I went to the big mall down there and stopped at the Vera Bradley store.  Wow, Vera is my latest obsession.  I had never been to the actual store before (there is only one in Colorado although there are many places that have a little Vera) and wanted to look at several pieces that I might like to get.  I did get a camera case for my little point and shoot and a new sunglass case for my purse.  I remarked that I needed a bigger purse and of course, they said they could help me with that too!  LOL! 


I hope you're enjoying your favorites from Market, until next time... 



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time to me! Nice stash you picked up. And who can resist Vera Bradley? lol! Your PL is really coming along!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Market Party sounds like fun. You came home with some wonderful new additions to your stash. I just saw the Stacey Nash sampler this morning... I think it's a must have for me too.
    Your PL looks wonderful and I think it's great that you want to include your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Paradise Lost is looking great! New stash is always great too....
    happy stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great time!! You picked up some wonderful stash. And I love, love Vera Bradley and have for years. I'd have a hard time walking into a store and not buying something. What makes it harder is that my Hallmark store carries VB too, so I usually do not make it out without something!!
    PL is coming along great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was such a fun evening!!!! Love market time :-). Your PL is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your black kitty next to Eve! You're doing such an amazing job on it.. of course, I helped speed the process along with the 4 stitches I put in it. LOL Seriously, your work is gorgeous.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete