Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sparkle Ornament Card

Sparkle ornament club card This was another Christmas card that I taught at my stamp club this fall.  This card uses the Sweet Centers stamp set in the Holiday mini and the Sweet Treat Cups for a 3-D effect. My original idea was to make a snowglobe with a snowman on the inside with snow glitter floating around inside but it didn't quite happen.  Still, I really like this ornament card. 


I especially love the Mistletoe ribbon originals which is the Old Olive Taffeta ribbon shown here with the white edge.  This is also in the Holiday mini so don't wait, the ribbon and stamp set are not available after Monday!  And, watch for an upcoming post with a cute Dasher card, it uses the second spool of ribbon in this set! 


The wheel shown here is the Sassy Sparkles wheel.  I originally tried to paint the wheel with platinum shimmer paint and then roll it but I found that the paint dried too quickly.  So, in the end we used the silver encore pad to make this card, but my end result was a pretty silver wheel!  Enjoy! IMG_0886



No comments:

Post a Comment