Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sometimes a Messy Stamp Table is a Good Thing!

IMG_0887 Well, I'm back from Leadership and am caught up again! I thought I'd post some photos from a project I was working on for the trip.  This is a photo of my kitchen table as I was prepping for the trip.  The swaps were done and I was starting my journal.  For those who know me, I make a new journal for every Stampin' Up! event that I attend to take notes in (and they look so pretty all stacked up together). 


This year for Leadership I wanted to use the new Sweet Pea stitched felt.  So, I got those out (and put them into a tin for easy storage) and started to play with DSP, ribbon and other elements. 


I settled on the Lovely Flowers paper for my base, this DSP is available through the Lovely Flowers bundle which is a level 3 hostess set.  This paper uses Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo and Old Olive.  Even though the colors weren't an exact match (Sweet Pea uses Rose Red instead of Melon Mambo) it was close enough that I knew it would work.  I started playing and really like the result!  I also incorporated Sending Love epoxy brads in Chocolate Chip.  Come back tomorrow to see how the finished product turned out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment