Thursday, July 26, 2012

A New Start and a Weekend Away

Last weekend several friends and I took a trip up to Breckenridge, CO for a weekend away and to celebrate a birthday.  It's only a couple hour drive from home and was such a fun and relaxing getaway weekend!  With all the stress this spring and summer a girl's weekend was just what the doctor ordered!  And, the weather cooperated with us too!  Instead of being oppressively hot and sunny like it has been at home, it was cool and rainy for part of our weekend which made for perfect stitching weather! 


We drove up Friday afternoon and Theresa and I were the first to arrive.  We sat out on the deck, admired the view and had fun going through each others stash while we waited for the rest of the group to arrive.  Here was our view from the deck.


  IMG_0521
We had such fun stitching out here on the deck and later in the day listening to the thunder rumble it's way in!  I worked a little on Grace Bridges on Friday evening and again Saturday morning.  I'm getting close to a finish on this one!  Here is my current progress.

IMG_0531
Grace Bridges, silks on 36 ct. Lakeside Vintage Examplar



Sorry for the wrinkles and the light shining on the left side of the piece.  Oh well!  The next time I show this it should be finished!  Just the window outlining and one more peacock left!  I was really hoping to get this piece done by today so I could start a new piece for the olympics.  But, it won't be done and I'm going to start an Olympic piece anyway!  That means I'll have four pieces going...


During our girls' weekend, some of us decided to start new projects.  I was going to start One Nation which is going to be my Olympic stitching project but I've had an older Barrick Designs chart kitted up and ready to go.  It's called "By My Hand" and I just love it because it has two funky deer on it, it's very cute!


 

IMG_0534
By My Hand, silks on 40 ct. Lakeside Vintage Buttercream



I was able to get the border in and start on the inside.  Alas, I've set this aside now to work on Grace Bridges and of course will be starting One Nation for the Olympics.  Maybe I'll sneak some work on Grace to get her finished up, maybe I'll work only on One Nation and maybe this piece and Ann Sandles will get some attention too.  I don't know how those of you with a WIP rotation keep up!  LOL!  I guess you'll just have to tune in and see what gets stitched on!! 



1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your weekend. I love Barrick's By My Hand... those deer are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete