Thursday, July 19, 2012

TUSAL and a Gold House Update

IMG_0518Here's my July TUSAL update.  You can see from the photos that I've been stitching, stitching, stitching away on that gold house with all the gold at the top.  Each month after I take my TUSAL photo I squish the threads down to the bottom and it's fun to take a close look to see where different project are.  For example, I can see where I did the Briar Rose Etui because of all the pinks and greens in that section of the jar.  I wonder if I'll be able to mark my progress through the rest of the year by the layer of gold from this gold house!


If you're interested in playing along in the TUSAL game, you can join at anytime, just click on the TUSAL post and sign yourself up! 


Speaking of gold house, here is an update on Grace Bridges.  You can see that I'm finally nearing the end of the gold house, yay!! IMG_0512
I'm using a "Brick Stitch" as Jean from Attic Needlework called it.  I'm using the variation in the overdyed thread to stitch little bricks.  I thought since this house is so big it might be a nice change from the stripey look that normally comes with overdyed threads.  I've been working my way through the house in sections with the bricks so there's a little less traveling of threads on the back.  I am really enjoying how this is turning out!  I'm playing catch up on my blog but this is about a week's worth of work on the house and a few more days and I hope to have the house done.  I think that the rest of the sampler will then go very quickly!!



5 comments:

  1. Grace looks so great! Love how the house is coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold house looks wonderful... you're almost finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Grace, can't wait to see her :-). You are going to have to teach me that brick stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece is so pretty and I love the gold house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your progress is fantastic and the brick stitching really looks good. I'll have to try that technique sometime myself - so much nicer than getting that overdyed "stripey" look that happens sometimes.

    ReplyDelete