Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sweet Pincushion

Pincushion Oh my gosh, I am having so much fun with all this great fabric, my big shot and dies!  Today I got out my big shot with the Scallop Circle Die (113468).  I cut out two pieces of the button fabric from the Sweet Stitches fabric (121818) and sewed them together, leaving about a 1" gap.


Then I filled the circle with ground up walnut shells (can be found at any pet store) and sewed the gap closed to make a pincushion.  Apparently the walnut shells are better on your pins than cotton stuffing.  I nestled in a Melon Mambo designer button (122302) with a piece of Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon (119959) and sewed it on with a piece of thread.


I signed up to take a quilt class starting at the end of March and I'll need a pincushion and I'm so excited to have made my own to use during class!  Thanks for dropping by!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment