Saturday, November 17, 2012

JM Gardner Finish


IMG_0944
JM Gardner stitched on 35 ct. R&R Abecedarian Blend Linen



I've finished JM Gardner, a super fast, super fun sampler from With thy Needle and Thread.  I absolutely loved this sampler when she came out and she was such a joy to stitch!  I really should have been doing some stitching for my sampler guild's ongoing project but am so happy that I snuck this little girl in here first.  Isn't she pretty?? 


IMG_0947
I've also been doing a little framing and home decorating lately.  A few weeks back I framed my Paradise Lost (finally, I've had the frame since Mother's day).  I've hung her in the guest room over the headboard that I made from two old shutters.  I am thrilled with how this came out!  I just bolted the shutters together and then mounted the headboard on the wall using hardware to hang a chalk board or dry erase board (I found the hardware at my local Home Depot).  It was super easy and I'm so proud of doing the project myself and so happy with how it all turned out!  Now, I just need to make the quilt I'm thinking of for this bed and paint the wall.  :D


Thanks for stopping by!  Jen



6 comments:

  1. The sampler looks great - and the reds you chose turned out great!
    My favorite though, is all the cute animals on the bed in the guest room!!! LOL The headboard is awesome and how cool to do it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that sampler! Fantastic finish. I love how your PL turned out, too--it looks so nice in the room, above the shutter headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MJ Gardner is just gorgeous and I love where you hung paradise lost!!!! The shutter looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish and your framing looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JM finish is Beautiful! Don't you get a great sense of accomplishment from those fun projects? Love your PSS finish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cross stitch!!! Would it be rude to ask if it is for sale? You have done such a beautiful job and it looks great over the bed.
    Thank you so much for sharing,
    Lorrie Deann
    puddlesprice.com
    stop by and see us

    ReplyDelete