Thursday, November 15, 2012

November TUSAL and a JM Gardner Update

IMG_0950It's time for my November TUSAL report.  Don't know what a TUSAL is?  Go to this post by Daffycat to find out and to come play with us!


Some days I feel like all I do on this blog is report my monthly TUSAL but I've been trying to be better!  Actually, I've done a bunch of stitching and framing lately that I need to share on here but haven't taken the time yet to photograph it yet.  You might notice that I've got a bunch of red threads at the top here, that's all from JM Gardner, I'm a bit farther along than in the picture below and should have a finish to show you soon!  Now it's time for my monthly squish the TUSAL threads to push them farther down in the jar so I can keep stitching and filling this jar again.  It's good that the year is almost up since this jar is getting pretty full! 


I've been stitching and stitching and stitching on JM Gardner by With thy Needle and Thread lately.  I started this little sampler when I was visiting my parents at the end of October and even though I haven't had a ton of time to stitch since getting home when I have I've just been devouring JM Gardner.  She stitched such a pretty sampler and it is such a fun stitch!


IMG_0936Here is the last progress pic that I took, I've gotten some of the red in and should have a finish to report and show you soon!  We had our guild meeting last weekend and my friend Katrina and I are both stitching this sampler, her linen is a darker tan where mine is more on the beige side so our samplers look totally different!  she inspired me to change the reds so they were less rusty and more pinky-red.  However, we looked at some teals since we both loved the look of this with just the greens and tans stitched.  In the end though I decided to go with the pinky-reds so I could eventually hang this with a collection of mostly red samplers.  Stay tuned for a finish soon! 



3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty sampler!! I have held off so far on getting this chart, but now I'm thinking that if I finish a few things, I just might need to treat myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! It's so funny -- the piece actually looks really cool without the reds in it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love!!!! And I think the reds are fabulous. A red wall would be so much fun and you already have the Blackbird Sampler done ;-).

    ReplyDelete