Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mary Ann Blackburn Start and a Peacock Finish!

IMG_0436This week I have a teeny little start on Mary Ann Blackburn by Blackbird Designs to show you.  I have the most lovely piece of 40 count R&R Sheep's Straw linen that I'm stitching it on.  It's nicely aged and overdyed and to make it a bit more splotchy I spritzed it with water.  OK, that was an accident but I like the way it turned out and am loving these colors on it!  I'm stitching it with the called for Gentle Arts Sampler Threads by the way and even though I haven't gotten very far yet I think this one will go quickly!  I initially wasn't sure about the rooster/peacock that is in the center of the sampler (on top in my photo) but in the end I'm very glad that I stitched it as charted.  I did think about swapping it out for one of the peacocks in Grace Bridges or the one in the Peacock Pinkeep but decided to leave it as is and am happy I did.  Of course, now I am jonesing to start Grace Bridges.  Good thing I have that all kitted and ready to go as she may be next!  :)


IMG_0442
I must be on a peacock kick because I also started and finished the Blackbird Designs Peacock Pinkeep in the last week.  I also did the bonus needlebook chart while I was at it.  If you're not familiar with this piece, the peacock pictured in the upper right of this picture is the top and the band at the bottom wraps around to form the sides of the pinkeep.  When it's all done it will look like a drum.  Normally I would crop this photo but as I was taking these pictures I had the pieces laid out on the couch to get a decent snap and the kitty was looking for attention, that's her foot peeking in the very bottom of the photo so I had to leave it in.  :)


I purchased this chart, the pattern and the Belle Soie when I was at Attic Needlework back in January and it's been in my bag to stitch every since.  Now she's stitched and will go off in the mail to my finisher this week.  I can't wait to get her back and display her! 


IMG_0433
This week I dog-sat for my second favorite dog in the world and I happened to pick up a new piece of training equipment over the holiday weekend.  I was working "off contacts" with both dogs and had them each on an end.  Maverick sat down as I took this but I thought it was a cute photo and thought I'd share a bit of what I do in my free time when I'm not stitching.  You can see more about my adventures with Sage over at my dog blog.  Enjoy!



6 comments:

  1. Great start on Mary Ann B. I like the funky rooster/peacock. The BD Peacock piece is going to look wonderful finished as a drum.
    Love the photo of your two favorite dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove both peacock pieces!! Wow, you really are on a peacock kick, and a good one too! I love the pic of Maverick and Sage. How cute is that! I love hearing about your adventures with Sage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching and gorgeous dogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Mary Ann the peacock sampler is gorgeous :-). Sweet pic of the puppies too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors in the peacock. I have the chart and haven't had a huge desire to stitch it. But now that I've seen yours........................ LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful start on Mary Ann, and I just love the colors of the peacock!! Right up my alley!!

    ReplyDelete