Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spring Song Finish

Well, I finished Spring Song last weekend.  Here she is in all her glory! IMG_0375
I love the Old Blue Paint fabric threads and am really happy that I took the time to remove and reweave to get this look!  I have the box and went to get a piece of matboard yesterday so I'm all set to do the finishing. 


IMG_0378I also made a great deal of progress on Mary Roe.  I was enjoying this sampler but I needed to add some color so I did the strawberries in the vine to brighten it up a bit.  This is such a fun stitch especially with all these bright colors!  Once the vine was done I started on the Rice Stitch mounds at the bottom. 


I enjoy rice stitch so this part went really fast and now I'm ready to move onto the shepard and sheep at the bottom left.  I haven't decided if I'll work up from the bottom (although it seems as though that's what I'm doing now) or if I'd like to go up and finish the vine.  We shall see I guess.


Unfortunately, I need to set Mary aside for a few days to do the finishing on my Mary Little pincushions and to do some stitching for an EGA project.  I thought I had an extra week on the EGA piece but panicked a bit when I realized I need to have it done for our meeting next week!  I have some pretty blue ric rac for the trim on Mary Little but also ordered some blue chenille from the Attic.  Either one would need to be attached after the cushion is assembled so I'll probably do the finishing and when the chenielle arrives then I'll make a decision on the trim.  I can't wait to get these finished, they are going to be so cute!!


Here's a close up of those beautiful rice stitch mounds.  I just love this sampler!


    IMG_0381

Happy Stitching!!



3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love the effect of those pulled stitches on the BBD piece! Congrats on finishing this -- it's wonderful! Love your Mary Roe too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a piece with the woven threads in it, but I really like the effect. It's a great finish. And you're making great progress on Mary Roe. I love those Rice Stitch mounds too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!!!! Love your finish and Mary is really coming along. Can't wait to see your pin cushion finish too :-).

    ReplyDelete